Blockchains, Smart Contracts and the Law
The future of Blockchain is now. Be a part of it. Blockchains, Smart Contracts and the Law delivers one of Toronto’s most important and productive learning days on the Blockchain calendar.
The future of Blockchain is now. Be a part of it.
Blockchains, Smart Contracts and the Law delivers one of Toronto’s most important and productive learning days on the Blockchain calendar. It’s where leaders – representing the legal and tech industries – come to discover the latest and most important legal issues, seize new ideas, and concentrate on the fundamentals in a relaxed environment.
This one day program is a ‘forest rather than the trees’ approach to learning about blockchains, smart contracts, cryptocurrencies, tokens, settlement systems, litigation and the law. Suitable for any lawyer, entrepreneur, investor or consumer, this program will help delegates recognize and understand common themes and precipitate understanding of the topics under discussion.
With an unparalleled speaker roster, Blockchains, Smart Contracts and the Law delivers an exemplary experience highlighting the boldest and the best of the industry.
This program has been developed as a resource to help lawyers, entrepreneurs, investors and consumers learn about the rapidly emerging field of blockchain technologies and its intersection with law.
Join top legal, tech and financial industry experts to discuss key issues and the biggest legal questions facing blockchain technologies, including:
- Cryptocurrencies, Smart Contracts and Transaction Costs
- Opportunities for Blockchain in the Settlement System
- Initial Coin Offerings and Characterizing Blockchain Tokens
- Competently Lawyering Through Blockchain Innovation
- Analyzing the Nature of Blockchain Transactions and Differences in Business Models
- The Essential Blockchain Primer – A Session on the Technical Aspects of Blockchain (with Question & Answer period)
- Donald B. Johnston, Legal Educator and Consultant
- Addison Cameron-Huff, Chief Legal Officer, Decentral Inc.
(Wednesday) 8:30 am - 5:00 pm